Pay: $20.00/hr – $23.00/hr [DOE]
Schedule/Work hours: Friday – Sunday; 1pm – 7pm
Location: Orinda, CA
AVIE Care is looking for a Care Consultant to join our team. The Care Consultant is responsible for the physical care and emotional support of our clients who may no longer be able to take care of themselves due to illness, injury, surgery, or disability.
The ideal candidate must be able to care for our clients and their property with dignity, patience, compassion, and respect. This person will encourage and remain empathetic to the clients at all times.
- Patient, calm, friendly, curious, encouraging, engaging, competent, sense of humor, active due to sensation of defensiveness if provoked
- Someone who respects client’s space and privacy, but is also an enjoyable companion and skillful at encouraging the client to be more active and engaged (go for walks, do Ikebana flower arranging, look through old photo albums, help the client discover new activities that bring the client joy and fulfillment)
- Someone who has experience working with people who are onsetting with dementia — i.e. Know how to deal with short-term memory loss, practice patience, etc.
- Home assistance – Provide light housekeeping, run errands or provide transportation if needed. Accompany clients to appointments and assist with medications. Prepare meals, purchase food and provide personal assistance with general living needs. Personal services could include toileting, bathing, feeding and grooming. Provide any financial aid if needed such as balancing checkbooks, going to the bank or helping the client to pay their bills.
- Companionship – Provide companionship and conversation by stimulating, encouraging and assisting an individual.
- Clean – Perform general cleaning and sanitizing tasks throughout the assigned property. Clean and disinfect bathrooms, kitchen, and dining areas. Wash dishes, utensils, glasses, pots and pans. Wipe and dust surfaces in rooms and clean mirrors. Vacuum and clean floors, rugs, furniture, and drapes. Remove and replace linens, bedspreads, and blankets.
- Stock – Wash and stock all towels, washcloths, and hand towels in bathrooms. Fold laundry and put away as needed.
- Other – Pick up and empty trash containers. Load washer and dryer as needed. If applicable, notify maintenance if something is not working correctly.
- High school diploma or GED preferred
- Detail-oriented, confidential, and professional
- Ability to read, write and speak English
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 25 pounds at times
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time and reach, bend, lift and pull
The ideal person for this position has experience, enjoys working individually or on occasion as a team, is well-spoken, energetic, and personable.
About AVIE Care
AVIE was created with the growing awareness of the desires of older adults to remain independent, empowered, and thriving in the comfort of their own homes. Accordingly, adult children and other family members increasingly face the weight of responsibility for the coordination and assistance of their parents’ needs to help them achieve this desired quality of life, often times from a distance and while raising families of their own.
Through trusted partnership, our mission is to help older adults and their families thrive together by having the assistance they need to ensure:
- Their loved one is supported in fulfilling their optimal quality of life physically, socially, emotionally, and spiritually
- The involved family members remain fully engaged within the circle of support through transparent and ongoing communication